Currently 49% of all websites uses its own CMS programmed specifically for the website. The remaining 51% of websites use a CMS (content management system) available on the market. Among the most popular CMS available there are WordPress, Joomla or Drupal. These CMS do not have any license cost and can be installed on the client server.
Among the most popular CMS or prefabricated ones, the free ones stand out, that is, managers such as WordPress, Drupal or Prestashop that do not have any license cost and that can be installed on the client's server so that they can manage their website.
At La Teva Web we are specialists working with any CMS within our reach. We carry out the design of online stores in Wordpress or Prestashop, and we position your project, regardless of which content manager you use.
WordPress is arguably the quintessential CMS because it is present in 17.6% of the existing sites in May 2013 according to W3Techs, up 1.3 points on May 2012. Meanwhile Joomla and Drupal continues to stagnate with 2.7% and 2.3% of market share in 2013, at very same levels than 2012. Other CMS are Blogger (1.3%), vBulletin (1.1%), TYPO3 (0.6%) or DataLife Engine (0.5%) enjoying low market shares.
As regards e-commerce, Prestashop and OsCommerce with 0.3% continue being the two most preferred platforms, while Magento does not rise in the statistics.
The use or not of available CMS is a very important decision in terms of technology and should be based on the project site. Availabe CMS have their major limitations in terms of web design and web programming but we have to admit that for simple projects it can be worthy if it comes to getting a low-value added project but also at low cost.
WordPress is without doubt the top CMS since it is present in 42% of the existing websites as of June 2022 according to W3Techs, it has doubled in percentage compared to 10 years ago. If we take a look into Joomla and Drupal usage, we can see that they continue to be stagnant with a 1.6% and 2.3% market share in 2022, lower levers than 2012. If we take a look into growing CMS, we can see that Shopify have a very respectable share of usage with a 4.3%.
When talking about e-commerce, Prestashop and OsCommerce continue to grow both with a 0.8% and 0.1% of market share respectively, while Magento have 0.9%.
The use or not of prefabricated CMS must be a technological choice based on the web project, they have severe limitations at the level of web design and web programming but they recognize that for simple projects they can be valid if it is to obtain a Low value product but also at low cost.